The Microsoft Windows Server family of operating systems has become the industry standard for integrity, dependability, performance, and speed for hosting web applications, web pages, and XML services since the early 2000’s.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard is the sixth edition of Windows Server, and features system components “redesigned from the ground up” to be compatible with all current web framework, as well as be able to meet demand for up-and-coming technologies on the horizon.
So, for online businesses that want the best combination of features, reliability, and performance, you can count on Windows Server 2012 R2 to deliver. It’s one of the most widely accepted web development and deployment platforms available. It’s the Microsoft commitment to quality that brings more people to use Windows than nearly any other server in existence.
And if you need more proof that Windows Server 2012 R2 is the right choice for your business, consider the following :
- IIS by Microsoft, as opposed to free and open-source server software like Apache, offers constant and dependable customer support, as well as automatic updating. Open source options, while free to use, lack the dedicated support Windows Server 2012 R2 provides.
- Windows Server and IIS architecture is based on years of server experience and know-how. Nobody knows networking better than Microsoft, and years of case studies detailing the efficacy of Microsoft products speaks for itself. So, unless you’re some kind of supercomputer expert, you’ll need the help and support Microsoft provides.
- Windows has so many more features than competing web servers, it’s unreal! People complain about the price of Windows Server (as it costs hundreds), but the old adage that “It Takes Money To Make Money” remains true. It’s designed to provide years of trouble-free use, and most businesses agree that the cost ISN’T outrageous. It’s actually quite affordable and within budget for most people.
These are minimum system requirements for installing Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Processor – 1.4 GHz or faster
- Memory – 512 MB RAM or more
- Available Disk Space – 32 GB or more
- Display – Super VGA (800 X 600) or higher
- DVD-ROM Drive for any disk installation